After the rather tiny bit stressful November, I'm glad to see December at long last.
I have a few exciting this due this month, as well as one totally massive event that happened the other day. It was so emotional, in the positive, but I can't share it with you yet. But when I do, I shall explain all, I promise. I'm absolutely dying to tell you, but it need time to settle.
Next week there's more exciting news, that will be posted here, but in the Welsh language. That's a secret too lol.
Next week there's more exciting news, that will be posted here, but in the Welsh language. That's a secret too lol.
Also, another piece of brilliant news, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but I have diabetes. Yes, it's Type 2, which is equally as troublesome as Type 1. Since I was a teenager, the medical profession advised my parents that, due to their medical history and their parents medical history, I ran a greater risk of my Impaired fasting glycemia (IFG) which can also be known called a pre-diabetes condition or metabolic syndrome. This diagnosis meant that my blood glucose levels were not enough to have receive the full-blown diabetes diagnosis.
To ensure I did not progress onto full-blown diabetes, since I was 15 I have ensured that I have:
To ensure I did not progress onto full-blown diabetes, since I was 15 I have ensured that I have:
- Eaten a health diet (I am vegetarian)
- Kept my weight in check
- Lived a health and active life. Some years ago, I even conquered the Welsh Three Peaks challenge in 14 hours and 20 minutes.
- And done all the other things needed, like abstaining to alcohol.
At 25, however, I ever so marginally escaped a gestational diabetes diagnosis and also managed to keep it off for my next pregnancy. However, this was not to last.
A few days before I conquered the Three Peaks, I had a blood test, two days after I conquered them, the results came back that I had progressed to full-blown Type 2 diabetes. Yes, I was angry because my diet and lifestyle had been so good. Then I was reminded that it's also a genetic thing and not not lifestyle.
Anyway, for the last two years, it's gone a but, well, wrong! This my be because of my age and hormonal changes in my body.
Last week, I started even more new medication, injections this time and, with the combination of the meds I have plus the new weekly injection, my self-test morning bloods have been below 6% or 42mmol/mol. This is a step in the right direction for me. Now all I have to do is sit and wait for my next HbA1c test in three months.
Onward and upward eh!
No comments:
Post a Comment